Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMG signal detection using matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

alienx

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am making a matlab system which can identify EMG signals of our muscle (bicep tricep) and make the system respond based on the signals measured by EMG. I have successfully made measurement of EMG signals and saved them in a .m file format by now I need some suggestions from you guys.

I am thinking of filtering these signals first since these are accompanied by noises etc. using fdatool and than after the signal is cleaned I am thinking of using fourier analysis to find the power of each signal and than make a system (which I don't know how) in matlab that can Identify the power spectrum of each signal and respond appropriately.

My question: Is my approach correct? can u guys suggest me any other method or guild me to some example like this one?

thanks

Hi,

Did u manage writing the MATLAB code ? i need help with the same problem, can u help me ??

you can follow these steps:

1) build a band stop filter to remove power line frequency (select cut-off frequency depending on ur power line frequency i.e 50 or 60 Hz)

2) build a band pass filter
for band pass filter, u can use 2 Hz as low cut-off and higher cut-off depending on ur acquisition frequency. (if u are acquiring signal at a rate of 250 samples/sec, then higher cut-off is 124 Hz)

3) For spectrum analysis, use 'fft' function. with some extra efforts, u can get the exact spectrum. u can even find the psd for power estimation.

hi,
i am working on a project in which i am going to control the DC motor according to the emg signals piked up from hand.
Can u give me some idea about the surface emg electrodes...from where to buy it?

hi manik..
i am also working on the project to capture EMG signals from surface..
can you give more details about ur project ,so i can help u ,which kind of electrodes u should buy??
in my proj. i have used BIPOLAR surface EMG electrodes.. i got them from Ahmadabad..

hi nayan.... :razz:
as i told above i am using those emg signals to control the rotation of dc motor.
which mai b looks similar to controlling a robotic arm.
basically i am from maharashtra....so will u please give me the details about from where r u buy that surface emg electrodes.....
n how i can contact that shop....any contact number or mail ID or website....
u my replay me on my mail ID 'manik9000@gmail.com' .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back