Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EM simulation of inductors/capacitors with high resistivity substrate in CMOS IC technology

vlsi_design2

Member level 1
Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using a CMOS technology which provides option to change substrate resistivity below the inductors. How to account for this in the EM simulation software? Do I need to manually change the substrate resistivity in the stack? I couldnt find the substrate resistivity in the PDK document.

What EM simulation software do you use?

For 3D planar tools like Momentum or Sonnet or EMX, dielectrics extend over the entire area. Local dielectric inserts are not possible with these tools, so you would indeed need to clone the EM stackup and modify substrate conductivity. Of course, you need to find out the actual value. If it is not documented, your only option is to ask the foundries tech support.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back