Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ehternet interfacing of radio receiver with an fpga kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsan2333

Newbie level 2
Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one plz help,
i am doing a project on developing an fpga kit based controller and data receiver for a radio receiver.
the radio is currently being controlled by a PC based windows application provided by the manufacturer of the receiver.
i want to be able to control the receiver with the fpga kit. for that i'll have to program all layers of the ehternet in the hardware.
the help that i need is that, i dont know how windows based applications operate over LAN meanig do all of them use the same windows application such as TCPIP WINSOCK, what woud the application do if it wants to use UDP,how are different layers managed in windows and i would be highly indebted to u if u could refer a book on the sucject or a website or something thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.