Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EEPROM coding for multiple data

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad minchala

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls tell me the code for sending and receiving multiple ID's or Data to/from the EEPROM using 8051 (or) PIC (or) ARM controller, and they are stored in different locations.

pls tell me the code for sending and receiving multiple ID's or Data to/from the EEPROM using 8051 (or) PIC (or) ARM controller, and they are stored in different locations.

You are working in C ?? Which compiler and IDE are you using? The EEPROM that you want to use supports I2C communication right?
I have worked on microchip 24AA1026. For start up, take guidance from the data sheet. I had to first send a control byte and set the Address pins of EEPROM accordingly so that EEPROM while listening on I2C bus detects that message is for this EEPROM. Then the byte address is sent which has to be read/written at.
After this a data byte has to be sent on I2C bus ( or read form the bus again depending on what bits are set in control byte intially)

tell us the interface of your eeprom, better tell us the part number. which protocol it supports? then we can help you more accurately.

- - - Updated - - -

tell us the interface of your eeprom, better tell us the part number. which protocol it supports? then we can help you more accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back