Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP interfacing with external flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

learner71

Member level 2
Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am fresh in DSP field. I want to interface DSP processor with External Flash which contain the code for DSP Processor.I am reading from net, i have found that there are two ways to interface ..
1) Parallel Interfacing
2) HPI interface.
If i want to interface using above two methoda.am i require any special code to be burned into the flash for interfacing.

Thanks

Hello,

first of all which device are you going to use?
Second after you have made your choice look for application notes about memory interface and/or boot methods: usually there are a lot of documents with example source code available from manufacturer.

Parallel interface: I suppose you are referring to parallel memories interface (e.g. 8-bit, 16-bit ...) where accesses to the memory chip are done by means of a address and data bus, while serial SPI memories uses less connection due to the communications method (simpler but slower).

HPI stands for Host Port Interface: the HPI port is a particular interface that makes the internal memory of the host processor accessible from the outside. In this way an external master processor can directly load the program into the host device and successively send the start execution command to the host.

Regards
Mowgli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back