Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drop in replacement for NEC D2732C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGPG

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

Looking for an EEPROM replacement for the above which is a OTP 4Kx8 rom used in my Acron Electron Plus One board.

Forgive the noob question.

Cheers
Glen

Last edited:

Hi,

I did an internet search for you. Wasn't difficult.
The best solution seems to be a higher capacity ?-ROM or Flash and an according adapter.

Klaus

Its an ancient device so I don't think you would find an electrically erasable version. That type isn't OTP though, it has a quartz window and can be erased with a UV light source.
If you need a reprogrammable replacement, try a 6264 static RAM. It is almost a pin-for-pin replacement and if you can give it a back-up power source (a CR2032 battery for example) it will retain data for several years. As with any RAM for ROM replacement you will have to provide it with a -WE signal to use it in a circuit.

Brian.
(ex - Risca!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back