Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drive mechanics for garage gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

As a tittle said It's a mechanism that can open garage gate.
Steering system is well known and you can find it here.
Link
As a executive element is a wiper engine from Fiat 126p. I believe that's a good element because of it's worm gear that makes impossible to open gate manually. I placed cog wheel at engine shaft. Cog works with two bike chains and three cords and string can move the gate. At second side is pulley with bearings ( made by uncle). To connect cords with gate I used 2 hinges with limited move. To limit move I weld nuts. It's necessary because otherwise hinges goes to other side instead pulling the gate. End breakers are placed so the gate turn off the engine. All system is upgrade by additional switcher inside. Switcher is simple two buttons with springs so it always come back to obtuse position. As a radio control I used steering system for central locking system Bx30. It's a chap solution with possibility of learning codes, outputs 5A, good range even including barriers ( gate and wall). To power all system I used halogen transformer with rectify bridge. It gives 16,5 V DC and enough current. To power central - 12V stabilizer because I was afraid of 16,5V.

Here's original text with movies : https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1526604.html

Status
Not open for further replies.