Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC error in tsmc 65nm with io pads

mursina

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I already kept guard ring around the most but still this LUP. 2g error is coming, also I have checked tsmc 65nm guideline PDF there they wrote
(Within 15um space from the OD injector, a P+ guard-ring is required to

surround an NMOS or an NMOS cluster. And an N+ guard-ring is
required to surround a PMOS or a PMOS cluster.
NMOS guard-ring are exempt from the following conditions.
If the NMOS is enclosed by a DNW, the NW of the checked PMOS does
not interact with the DNW, and the voltage (Va) of the NW INTERACT
DNW is ≥ the voltage (Vb) of the NW of the checked PMOS.)

DRC error :
LUP.2g { @ Within 15 um space from the OD injector, a P+ guard-ring is required to surround an NMOS or an NMOS cluster. And an N+ guard-ring is required to surround a PMOS or a PMOS cluster.
X = BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RW INTERACT (DNW INTERACT ((NWEL INTERACT (DNW INTERACT BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RW)) INTERACT POST_DRIVER_PMOS_NW))
Y = EXT POST_DRIVER_PMOS_NWi [BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RWi] < LUP_2 ABUT < 90 SINGULAR NOT CONNECTED
BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_waive = (BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RWi NOT INTERACT X) NOT WITH EDGE Y
(BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS NOT BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_waive) NOT INSIDE PTAP_guard_ring_hole
BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_PMOS NOT INSIDE NTAP_guard_ring_hole
}

Can someone please tell how to resolve this?
--- Updated ---

I already kept guard ring around Mos, but still I am getting LUP. 2g DRC error, can someone please tell how to resolve this?

DRC error :
LUP.2g { @ Within 15 um space from the OD injector, a P+ guard-ring is required to surround an NMOS or an NMOS cluster. And an N+ guard-ring is required to surround a PMOS or a PMOS cluster.
X = BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RW INTERACT (DNW INTERACT ((NWEL INTERACT (DNW INTERACT BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RW)) INTERACT POST_DRIVER_PMOS_NW))
Y = EXT POST_DRIVER_PMOS_NWi [BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RWi] < LUP_2 ABUT < 90 SINGULAR NOT CONNECTED
BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_waive = (BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_RWi NOT INTERACT X) NOT WITH EDGE Y
(BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS NOT BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_NMOS_waive) NOT INSIDE PTAP_guard_ring_hole
BESIDE_POST_DRIVER_PMOS NOT INSIDE NTAP_guard_ring_hole
}

Hello, sorry you did not mention which software you're using. You did not share any screenshot. I think screenshot will be good. It will help experts here to find the exact problem. However, for more info about the PCB design rule check, you can see here: https://www.pcbway.com/pcb_prototype/PCB_Design_Rule_Check.html

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back