Not open for further replies.

sathish316

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Batter Charger Circuit

I have some basic doubts reg power supply requirements for a GPS Receiver. It needs 3.3 V regulated Power supply. Im currently using a 3.3V 300 mAh battery.
Is there a way to generate 3.3 V Regulated supply as easy as using 7805 for 5 V supply. I even looked at MAX 756 IC but it is not available near my place.
Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Is it possible to supply +5V and -5 V (i mean enabling or disabling a voltage inverter. pls include a voltage inverter circuit link if u have one) from a microcontroller pin.
TU

Added after 2 minutes:

One more doubt.
Can anyone help me in designing a charging circuit for a 3.6 V 300 mAh battery?

Re: Power supply doubts

If you mention 7805, that is a linear regulator. Try some of these parts from National. www.national.com/VCatalog/view.cgi?...Current//v:8&as=0&render=1&c=&domains=PNumber
Linear Technology also has lots of linear regulators suitable for 3.3V.

As a negative charge pump you can use the ICL7662 for example: www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn3181.pdf
To turn it off you can use a transistor in series with its input power and simply turn off that transistor using your microcontroller. Either a PNP or a logic level P-channel MOSFET will work. The MOSFET is a better choice, since it does not need a resistor and it draws no additional current. Again, other charge pumps are available from LT, TI, Maxim. Some of them have an on/ off pin.

As for the battery, you need to know what chemistry it is to implement a correct charging algorithm. There are many deicated IC's, some of which can handle multiple chemistry. Visit the LT, TI websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…