Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts about PIC16F677 MOC3020 driver setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

theflop

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I plan on turning on a MOC3020 Opto Triac directly with my PIC 16F677. The triac output pins will be connected directly to the common and trigger of a off-camera flash to short the flash for firing. Does anyone see this as overkill? Alot of people use a simple SCR EC103D to trigger a flash but I want long-term relieability.
Can I drive the MOC3020 directly or should I add a resistor between the output of the PIC and the triac? TIA!

Mike
theflop@comcast.net

moc3020

Hi can you give me a schematic as you intend to make. Been working with flash lamps for many years and might be able to give you some advice but not quite sure what you intend.

regards

dfullmer

moc3020 circuit

Yes you need to limit the current on the led in the opto! I used a 1k ohm for a pic running at 5 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back