Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DOS to Hyper Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

aandavan

Advanced Member level 4
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmd hyperterm

Hi,
I am running a program in DOS mode. I want to transfer a character to hyper terminal from DOS mode. Is it possible?? If yes, explain me with a sample program. Please..

DOS has a program for dump terminal, called KERMIT

aandavan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
aandavan said:
Hi,
I am running a program in DOS mode. I want to transfer a character to hyper terminal from DOS mode. Is it possible?? If yes, explain me with a sample program. Please..
Well, hyperterminal is terminal program for Win, use something for DOS, like Procomm Plus and communicate all day long... Here is the link https://www.aspectscripting.com/support/procomm/procomm243.zip

another (better in my opinion) way is to run the dos program from a windows console (command prompt) and put hyper terminal in "await call" (it's actually hosting) mode.

you can then connect from the dos program (ran in the cmd prompt) to hyper terminal.

this way you can run both the dos program and ht :)

izua said:
another (better in my opinion) way is to run the dos program from a windows console (command prompt) and put hyper terminal in "await call" (it's actually hosting) mode.

you can then connect from the dos program (ran in the cmd prompt) to hyper terminal.

this way you can run both the dos program and ht :)
The only possible problem is that Winblow$ XP doesn't like DOS applications that try to access the hardware directly... Like those old DOS communication terminals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back