Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doing the design process of IC Package Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnowYourSIP

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Could you please let me know that IC Package Layout Design be it a SIP/MCM using any technology like WB or FC, can the design process be done independent of foundry who manufactures package provided I have foundry design rules available for that particular package or should it be designed in direct contact with foundry? or should the package design should also be done by foundry?
- what would be the best approach (self design or foundry design)?
- What types of issues we may be encounter if it's designed isolated and send the gerber to foundry for packaging
- Is their any cost advantage. If yes what whould be the difference in terms of percentage?
Any help.
Know.

Hi,
*There are couple of tools available for doing IC Package layout like Cadence APD, Sigrity UPD etc.
*And IC package layout can be anything like WB as well as FC, this is as per our requirement w.r.t electrical performance, cost and nature of DIE.
*Yes, for doing IC Package design, you need Foundry rules and Substrate Manufacturer rules like pcb manufacturing and its better to have direct contact with subcons
* Prior experience required to do IC Package layout as well as subject to availability of tools, So the best approach is as per our convinence.
* I think with the help of having Foundry/Manufacturer rules, Package layout can be carried out successfully and can send the gerbers to foundry for packaging
* No Idea about costing

Regards
Pras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back