Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does mixer's IMT table account for leakage of LO? Also, why are there no tables for upconversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuazmen24

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to make sense of IMT tables, let's take this one for example. Does the term 0xLO-1xRF include RF to IF isolation of the mixer or it needs to be accounted for separately? Similar question about 1xLO-0xRF, in this example that product would have magnitude of -13.6 dBm, would LO to IF leakage (+15 dBm - 50 dB = -35 dBm) need to be added to this product, so we get two LO tones on top of each other at the IF output (-35 dBm + -13.6 dBm)?

Assuming I was correct about what these values mean, this makes me wonder why aren't there IMT tables for upconverter modes of mixer operation? What would this table look like if RF>LO?

Screenshot 2022-12-21 135403.png

Signs are not correct. They should be negative.
If the reference signal is M=1 N=1 that is zero dBm, the other dBc values should be negative compare to this reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back