Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Compact Disc Player and Analyzer Project Using CXD9788AR – Need Advice and Suggestions!

Jotrin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, fellow electronics enthusiasts!

I'm currently embarking on an ambitious project to create a DIY Compact Disc Player and Analyzer, utilizing the CXD9788AR chip, a sophisticated compact disc digital signal processor. This project aims to not just play audio CDs but also provide detailed analytics such as bit rate analysis, frequency spectrum, and error rates.

Project Overview:The core of my project is the CXD9788AR chip, which will handle all the heavy lifting of decoding audio data from CDs. I plan to include features such as:

• Real-time audio spectrum analysis
  • Error checking and reporting
  • User-controlled interface with LCD display for track info and analytics
Components:

• CXD9788AR chip
  • Laser diode and photodiode assembly
  • Servo motor system for CD rotation and laser positioning
  • DAC for audio output
  • Microcontroller for managing operations
  • Operational amplifiers for signal conditioning
  • User interface components (buttons, remote control)
  • Power supply unit
Challenges:

• Integrating the CXD9788AR with other components
  • Efficiently managing the servo system for precise data reading
  • Developing the firmware for microcontroller to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
I'm reaching out to this community to seek advice on the following:

1. Has anyone worked with the CXD9788AR chip before and can offer some insights or potential pitfalls to avoid?
  2. Recommendations for a microcontroller that pairs well with this chip for audio applications?
  3. Any suggested improvements or features that could enhance the project’s functionality?
Here's the link to the chip's specification for more details: CXD9788AR Info

I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to your expert suggestions to make this project a success!

Thank you!

Do you wish to build one such unit, or many? All-purpose CD player in one housing... I guess you know they're commercially available. You intend to add advanced readouts that are a niche interest which could be useful in a few cases.

Your project appears on the same level which requires a professional facility to produce. Perhaps you're in the professional league but a great deal of testing and knowledge is still needed to make it successful.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back