Not open for further replies.

swarupdoshi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I tried searching for a fast divider design where the LSB is generated first. I am not sure if such an algorithm or design has been implemented or not.

Say if the design has 16-bit divisor and dividend and the system only requires the last 6 lsb's then if the LSB's are generated first then the division would take less number of iterations compared to MSB first.

If any one has come across such design please do write here.

Thanks for the attention.

SD

I suggest to analyse the division problem by pencil and paper method. You'll see, that you can't get the division result LSB without calculating the higher bits before.

Hi FvM,

I too know that as I designed a non-restoring divider. I just thought if somebody might have worked out some novel method to do so then it might help me to reduce the number of iterations.

Thanks,

SD

if you can not done on paper/pencil, you can not done it by soft or hardware, no magic stuff in electronic

the design has 16-bit divisor and dividend and the system only requires the last 6 lsb's then if the LSB's are generated first then the division would take less number of iterations compared to MSB first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…