Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Divide by 40 / 41 with discrete TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need to build a divide by 40/41 with discrete TTL, I mean when an input goes from low to high divide the input frequency by 41 else when it is low divide by 40.

I know that there are ASIC prescalers that works this way but is very difficult to find then.

Regards,

Fernando

Division by 40, 41 or, in general, by N, can be realized by CMOS programmable divide-by-N counter - the CD4059 .. for more details see its data sheet ..
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

Hi IanP,

Very thank you for your prompt reply. Due to a low speed CMOS is not acceptable to my project so I need TTL LS or F or even ALS so they are very fast parts up to 150MHz I guess.

Regards,

Fernando

You can realise that by 2 serially connected parallel load decrementing/incrementing couters from series you mentioned or via cpld chip.

Divide by 40 & 41 in a PAL16V8:

| PAL16V8
| in: (RST, E), io: Q[5..0], clock: CLK
| register: CLK // Q[5..0]

| Map: Q[5..0] -> Q[5..0]
| {
| n -> 0, RST
| n -> n+1, RST' & (n < 39 + E)
| n -> 0, RST' & (n > 38 + E)
| }

File DIV4041.ZIP contains the complete source code, the jedec file and the simulation results DIV4041.LOG

You just have to build something like this:

Take the output off the RESET wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back