Not open for further replies.

palmeiras

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

I’m planning to design the layout of some PADS and some test transistors. I’m going to measure it directly from wafer (without packaging).
What is the average distance between two adjacent PADs which we can probe it? This minimum distance is required by the probe station. Otherwise two adjacent probes will touch each other.

Does someone have a rule of thumb of this distance? I'm not talking about DRC rules.

Thanks very much,

cascademicrotech: https://www.cascademicrotech.com/

what do you think?

Thanks very much.

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

I also some RF pads.... Is there any recomendation regarding the distance between DC probe pads and RF probe pads?

look at the specification of your probes. i.e GSG-150 requires 150um center to center spacing.

This is arbitrary, based on your probe card / membrane vendor's
capability (and your probe floor's ability to align and step right).
Random opinions don't help with any of that.

Hello Guys!!!

Thanks very much for your replies. I have verified some manuals and I agree with oermens. And the pitch is something around 150 um. It can be lower than this (For example, 50 um), but this range 50 <--> 150 is a starting point. This is exactly what I was looking for. Only an idea of order of magnitude.
Thanks again and best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…