Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital clock with its digits levitating in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmike

Banned
Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Red digits on this photo appear to float in the air in front of the clock. This illusion is based on inertia of a human eye. If LED-formed digits will periodically and frequently enough flash, they will appear solid and steady. And since the matrix of digits is formed by a mechanically scanned single line of LEDs, and the fast rotating clock body is not visible, it leaves digits "suspended" in the air. The first clock using this concept was built (and PIC microcontroller code written) by Bob Blick, please visit his page for yet more photos of his original clock and clocks built by other people.

http://www.metricmind.com/clock/clock.htm

hminsec2.jpg

the project is very nice and i kinda want to implement it..Just wanna ask you if you have tried building this stuff...thank you!

There are many designs available on the net. Some are very eye catching.
All these comes under "Propeller clock" try search this on Google.
I have some of the designs myself c/w the PIC firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back