Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential Serial Buffer IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky5

Junior Member level 1
Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

I am currently looking for an IC that I can use to buffer a USB 2.0 signal. I am not looking to change the output voltage level or rearrange the data in any way. My goal is simply to reduce the jitter/error to an absolute minimum, differential in and differential out. I am looking for a serious about of buffering, something overkill that can run from 12 volts preferably.

If anyone knows of a commercially available IC that does exactly that, It would be very much appreciated.

Sparky5

Could someone please advise?

Thanks

May be help use a multiplexer/switch (always one output activated)
smthng like TS3USB221
Hope helps

May be help use a multiplexer/switch (always one output activated)
smthng like TS3USB221
Hope helps

Thanks emresel

Do you think this will keep data error stream errors to a minimum?

Hi;
This may only help to improve signal integraty, since it buffers signal again.
If you have trouble with the signal recovery at the receiver side -because of the path lenght, path capacitance etc.-, it might help.
Consider like a repeater.
Just an idea, not sure about it.

Hi;
This may only help to improve signal integraty, since it buffers signal again.
If you have trouble with the signal recovery at the receiver side -because of the path lenght, path capacitance etc.-, it might help.
Consider like a repeater.
Just an idea, not sure about it.

Yes I am going to add a differential repeater both at the input and output of this device. The buffer I was looking for would basically act as a PLL to make sure that a consistant stream of data was actually leaving the device. The overall goal is a clean data stream at the output.

I understand that the load will have some form of buffering inside already, my plan is to assume that it doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.