ommsend

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody

I'm new to microcontrollers.

i want to interface PIR sensor with micro AVR or PIC.

my question is that how the program can be written for the purpose of displaying INTENSITY of sensor's detection by a number (0-255 or ...)?

which micro is suitable for this project?

thanks

excuse me because of my language!

Hi Ommsend and Welcome to EDABoard forum,

Do you plan to make some thermal reading ?

Best regards,
Peter

Reactions: ommsend

ommsend

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

If you are new to micros then either the Pic16F range or the Arduino are probably the easiest route to get going with.
They are well supported in this forum and all over the web.

Think many pir sensors are sold as complete modules that have a simple digital high or low output that have already done the level sensing for you, though some might have an analogue or digital stream output at an earlier stage you can use ?
Have a look at this pagehttps://www.ladyada.net/learn/sensors/pir.html

Assume you are looking to do a distance sensor, over what range ? - have a look here
https://playground.arduino.cc/Main/PanasonicIrSensor

ommsend

thanks a lot
I don't want to make a thermal reading. i want only it can say how much is human or animal big? or how much is the intensity of heat conduction?
I dont know could i said what i mean or not. excuse me.

most PIR modules give an ON/OFF indication. Try digging around the spec sheets on dedicated ICs for such and seeing what is available for what you want.

ommsend

i think ready modules have digital output. if i make needed amplifier for that, for the micro, now the question is that can i use a similar thermometer's program to this project? is that response? what do you think?

I thought they worked by comparing a previous frame to the current frame - a large enough difference triggers it

ommsend

Status
Not open for further replies.