Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

desoldering Station problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hameeds01

Advanced Member level 2
Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have “goot TP-200” desoldering station, now the problem is that the tip has chocked and there is no way for the vacuum pump to suck. All the soldering material has got stuck in it, now how I can reopen it ???
any one plzzz

24_1277801783.gif

Hey,
these is relative simple job_if you makes it regularly! :)
If you will be experimented with it; you can exact hear if the sucking is perfect-or needs cleaning!
Take a piece hard wire with some smaller diameter as your desoldering tip, & after its "heated up as good hot" press your wire into the tipo_it can be needed some times to try.
If its so hard chocked that youn can not try it through: try it with a smaller drill, but be carfull...
After you have become your tips free=its regularly to through pres with a harder wire _or usually you can from the desoldering set vendor order some special "cleaning tools(set)"_USE IT REPEATEDLY in your own interesse.
You must try clean free, the vakuum filter (in the glass tube) too...:)
Im sure, its to read in the description of the delivered TP200 too_read it pls!!
K.

hameeds01

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i have already tried a thin steel wire, but the wire is not going in, the inner side of the vacuum pipe is chocked :cry:

Yea, if you have never cleaned it_no wonder!!
Try drill it with a stehl /PCB or hard drill through/free from inner (or both)side, as a pice of material...
K.

Is it set to a sufficient temperature?

Maybe it is blocked with a higher melting point alloy such as lead-free solder.

hameeds01,
Organize some steel pieces (in your city its surly not a problem) with apprepriate diameters, build small tools with it (as a srew driver) & if you repeatedly cleans the tips with it (press simple through in the hole/inside tube), you will have the apparat over long-long time problem less :)...
K.

hi hameeds01

I have a workstation with a desolder gun that looks very similar to your own.

I had the same problem and discovered that to clear it required the gun to be
dissmantled.

I can't see the back of yours but on mine there is a small black protrusion which
turned out to be a clip. By pushing it upwards the top of the gun could be drawn
backward (just like a 9mm semi-pistol really)

The tube on top could then be removed from the rubber seal and the thin metal
rod poked all the way down the nozzle and repeatedly rammed to clear it.

I was then able to clean it all out and reassemble without any problems.
Just be careful not to damage the insulated wiring.

I hope this helps

jack

:)
Its good & nice_that you can use it, but dont forget pls: regularly to press through your steel (or hard wire) cleanings tool...
Best regards & tnx!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.