[SOLVED] [DesignCompiler] How to add blackbox and its timing information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am tring to add a blackbox into a topdesign.
I have pass RTL2GDSII flow in innovus for the module, and save all the output files. And then, i need to to add the module into topdesign, synthesys in Design Compiler, So i add a command set_dont touch XXX after read verilog, like the figure below,

However, the command 'set_dont_touch' seems not works, because DC still report unresolved references, is there some steps was wrong?
Another question, how to add the blackbox timing information from the files created by innovus? I think maybe some .lib? But i dont find something with .lib in innovus output files. Maybe i need to change the way to post the second question, what files are needed from innovus and how to add them?

Many thanks!!

I have known some steps and, i need to export .db files, but when i write gds and save def, i type 'write_db XXX.db', it report '0' finally, it export a db file but not teh db file i want, like below

Is this a wrong db file? how to convert it to a .db file which DesignCompiler needed?
--- Updated ---

I have got the solution by the command
'set_analysis_view -hold {name1} -setup {name1}
do_extract_model XXX.lib -view name1'

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…