Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

design of 3Ghz bandpass filter using ADS

nehal02

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm designing a 3GHz bandpass filter using a 4th order Chebyshev approach. After calculating Zoe and Zoo, and using LineCalc in ADS for width and length, my simulated results aren't matching the expected filter response. Any advice on what might be going wrong? I have attached schematic,simulation output and required output.

Attachments

• disti img.png
    disti img.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 34
  • disti output.png
    disti output.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 26
  • disti desired.png
    disti desired.png
    10 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Solution
I'm not familiar with ADS,, but in other similar software I have used if I remember correctly the mil dimension is 1/1000 inch. Check that you have the dimensions set to metric some software defaults to imperial units..
I'm not familiar with ADS,, but in other similar software I have used if I remember correctly the mil dimension is 1/1000 inch. Check that you have the dimensions set to metric some software defaults to imperial units..

Solution
I believe you can design filters in ADS. There are a couple tutorials on using the tool on youtube. You may get a better starting point that using linecalc.

your input was really helpful, i was making error in dimension.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back