Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delta Modulation for Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkdelabaca

Full Member level 2
Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have one SERDES that can send 10 bit at 5MHz. One of this 10 bits, are destined to send one audio signal and I think that one of the best metods is use one Delta Moulator.

The question is: ¿Exist any IC that implement the Delta Modulation for audio applications?

Thanks!!

Most recent audio codecs respectively audio DACs are using SD internally. A chip with a serial input can be interfaced to your bitstream, if you manage to generate an additional frame sync. Alternatively, you can send a SD modulated bitstream and apply it to a low-pass.

No, they don't exist. But I can't see an advantage of using this kind of differential coding. It's too limited in amplitude dynamic. Today's sigma-delta technique is using the differential only for an internal error signal but can generate full scale signal within the output filter bandwidth.

kkdelabaca

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.