Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delay in sequential circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

muchagracios

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,

I had a query with regard to delay in a Flip Flop.
Does increasing my clock to out delay affect my input to output delay in a D Master-Slave Flip flop?

Thanks,
muchagracios!

How do you increase CLOCK to OUT delay>?..

The answer is yes. If you are changing the slews of Clock and Data, the output will vary.
If you increase your clock path, then you should be careful about your Set up time.

Hi Prashanthanilm,

Sorry for the dealyed response, the back ground for my question was scan sticking that is used for testing sequential circuits.
One of the considerations while doing an LSSD or a mux based scan is that if the clock to out delay increases equally everywhere in the circuit, then it has no effect on the input to output delay. I wasn't able to grab this concept as to why there will be no increase in delay in the D to Q path (for a DFF). Even I agree with what you have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.