vlduong

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A DC voltage source develops 10 V DC at its output terminals. A DC current
source that you found at the flea market develops 10 A maximum when properly
loaded. Is the first device a high-resistance device, or a low-resistance one? How
about the second device?

The 1st device should be a low output resistance because you want to transfer all of the voltage to the load. The Thevenin equivalence of the 1st one is a voltage source in series with the output resistance. The second one is high output resistance to transfer the current to the load.

Could u please more specific? I read some other explaination, but still I don't get it

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh by the way, I have ome more question: Is it easier to make DC current source or DC voltage source. THanks

Take a look here **broken link removed**

I think it will answer your questions. Also, voltages source are easier to make because most electronic sources behave like voltage sources so a bit of regulation
is needed to make them behave as good voltage sources. To make a current source
you must regulate the current of an electronics source -- this can make it more complicated.

v_c

If the 1st device use a low output resistance, the second denice will be used a high output resistance. Because directly porportional to resistance.

R=V/I

V=IR

I=V/R

R = resistance
I = current
V = voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…