Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC offset was not in a single supply with 50 Ohm load

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohichail

Newbie level 2
Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using TLV 2781 Op amp. Rin=4.7k, and Rf=47k. When I put DC 1Mega Ohm coupling at output of the opamp,
I got correct DC offset. However, when the output DC coupling is 50 ohm, The DC offset drops by 80%.
I have seen the current at the output increases as the load decreases.

However, According to the theory, DC offset should not be dependent on the load.

How can I make an Opamp which will give me same DC offset for both 50 ohm and 1 mega ohm loading?

Thank you very much.

I think the TLV2781 has the load capacity determined by a maximum output current, and it may be too high for a 50-Ohm load.
You can either find an opamp with a larger load current capability, or you can add a two-transistor output buffer stage to handle the 50-Ohm load. I think the 1 MegaOhm is almost no load and should not be a problem but 50 Ohms is a quite heavy load.

Thanks Jiripolivka. I appreciate your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back