Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor series excitation self-regulating power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delared

Junior Member level 1
Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

how can we demonstrate that in a specific area, a DC motor series excitation becomes self-regulating power???

et thank you,

Hello Dear Essadaoui_Red
the torque of a DC motor considered about infinite . so if you put a heavy load , thus it will increase the current , thus it can carry it . and if you decrease the load thus it , will decrease the current .
remember that a motor , without kept ( suppose that you kept it with your hands , it will increase the current) . considered as a short circuit because the diagonal force , need opposition , if it will be constant , thus , you wont have an opposition , and thus the current will increase ( refer to the lenz and lorance law )
I hope that i correctly understood your question.
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hello Dear Essadaoui_Red
the torque of a DC motor considered about infinite . so if you put a heavy load , thus it will increase the current , thus it can carry it . and if you decrease the load thus it , will decrease the current .
remember that a motor , without kept ( suppose that you kept it with your hands , it will increase the current) . considered as a short circuit because the diagonal force , need opposition , if it will be constant , thus , you wont have an opposition , and thus the current will increase ( refer to the lenz and lorance law )
I hope that i correctly understood your question.
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

thank you,
but i think we have to demonstrate that the electromagnetic power varies little with the load, and with a good aproximation, i'll have constant electromagnetic power in a spécific earea, that means my DC motor series excitation becomes self-regulating power...
but i can't prove it realy !!:sad:

at the self regulating power , the flux coil is in parallel with a variable resistor , are in series with the main power line . so you can solve it as an electrical circuit , ( RL circuit . ) isn't it ?
Regards
Goldsmith

at the self regulating power , the flux coil is in parallel with a variable resistor , are in series with the main power line . so you can solve it as an electrical circuit , ( RL circuit . ) isn't it ?
Regards
Goldsmith

in DC Motor series excitation, the flux coil is in series with variable résistor in series with the main power line,
i've U = E + (Rind +Ra) I
Torque: Tem= k * I²
électromagnetic power :Pem= E*I = Tem*w -- w : speed
with all this i can't prove that Pem = cte in a spécific erea (with a good aproximation),
ok tank's

But i think it is in parallel , because if it is in series , it will limit the out put current and it it will increase the dissipation .( as i can remember )
Good luck
Goldsmith

But i think it is in parallel , because if it is in series , it will limit the out put current and it it will increase the dissipation .( as i can remember )
Good luck
Goldsmith

hi,
in series excitation, all in series, it's a king of DC Motor excitaion, (there are others :parallal , compound and separate excitation).
I just find the solution this morning :idea:
When the load increases, the current increases, therefore the excitation increases (same current), so the speed decreases for the same voltage.
Hopefully, the power is almost constant:
ok tank's :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.