Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
buz11 inverter

Can BUZ11 be used to make a sine wave inverter? If so, how must they be configured and how must they be driven?

Thanks,
Sputnik :idea:

www.qsl.net/dg5sga/inverter.htm

Sine wave inverters use HV switching PWM and therefore require HV MOSFETS (see principle .. )
BUZ11 is low-voltage MOSFET, so the best you can do with them is "modified sine wave" inverter .. example of 3000W/12V inverter can be found here:
https://www.qsl.net/dg5sga/inverter.htm
Regards,
IanP

design with buz11

What do you mean by high voltage, 230V?

The reason I want to make a sine wave inverter is that firstly, it is a challenge. Secondly, using my current UPS (which I think is modified sine wave and 600VA, 7Ah) I get a slight buzz from my computers power supply, which I think can only be a bit damaging. Thirdly, MORE POWER, my current UPS can only sustain my P4 300W and 19' CRT monitor for 3 minutes. But don't try to turn the monitor on when UPS is inverting, the current draw is immense and overloads the UPS.

What about using the BUZ11 to step up voltage using square wave through transformer at high frequency (is it more efficient at higher frequency?). The output is then filtered using capacitors or inductors and high voltage MOSFETs are used to generate the sine wave using PWM and then smoothed.

Or is there a more efficient method,
Sputnik :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.