Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current plot

the8thhabit

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I want to plot current in Cadence, but like this picture ERROR is exist. I want to calculate the power so i try this way to see the waveforms to use calculator. How can i do? Please help me.

In second picture, I want to calculate DC power at RECT. If there is other way to calculate power in cadence, please help me.

화면 캡처 2024-08-19 221548.png
화면 캡처 2024-08-19 221850.png

By default, Spectre does not save currents. To save a specific current:
1. Go to Outputs -> To be plotted -> Select on design. Then select required currents on a schematic.
2. Go to Outputs -> Save all.. -> Select device currents (currents) -> choose selected.
3. In your case it's also useful to go to Outputs -> Save all.. -> Select power signals to output(pwr) -> select "all".

If it is a static power, you can simply select power in DC operating point annotation for your resistor (if you only want to measure power dissipated there). Otherwise, probe the current and voltage into calculator and calculate the power yourself.
Hopefully, that helps.

Thank you for your kind and helpful respose!
I want to ask you something more.

The figure above is the rectifier part of the RX of the wireless power transfer system. I want to find the power delivered from the TX to the load of the RX. Is it possible to find the PDL(power delievered to load) by the method of finding the static power above?

TBH, I've never worked with wireless power transfer...
I think that in your case you should rely on transient sims by estimating current/voltage, transferred to the load over a period. I would recommend you to start by reading some books about specifics of wireless power transfer simulation and design first.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: