Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create ramp signal output

Status
Not open for further replies.

aains

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm writing here because I have a problem with the electronic scheme I would like to do. I want to make a sunset/sunrise light simulator, so I have an acuarium and I thought in ramp generators. I think a good idea would be to use an integrator or any device to convert the input signal from sinusoidal 230V to sinusoidal ramp output ( 0V to 230V in 30 minutes or so for sunrise and 230V to 0V in 30 minutes for sunset). Do you have any idea to make it possible? I would like to do it with bulb lamps, because they have a linear voltage response, so the light emission is proportional to the input voltage. Thank you very much.

You can use this IC to dim-on and dim-off the light. It has two input for this purpose. When you build a bistable multivibrator with a long time constant and if you connect Q and Qbar of this FF to the concerned inputs , this sytem will dim-on and dim-off the lights with a time constant that you have defined with RC control circuit of the FF.

https://www.infineon.com/cmc_upload/0/000/012/276/slb0587.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back