Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could somebody help wid my mini proj plzzz......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamdude66

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is the first time I am using a PIC MCU and i have no idea how to program it.. i have the source code for the circuit... do i need to convert it to hex code or something before using MPLAB????

What is it that you are trying to make? A little more details would help us in helping you better.

And yes, you must generate the hex code before you can flash your micro with it, whether you use PIC or any other micro for that matter. For PIC, MPLAB will help you do that.

regards,
Seemanta

dreamdude66 said:
This is the first time I am using a PIC MCU and i have no idea how to program it.. i have the source code for the circuit... do i need to convert it to hex code or something before using MPLAB????

Hi,
If you have the Assenbmby code you can use it directly with MPLAB. Make a project then compile the code and simulate it. After the compilation MPLAB will generate for you the Hex file to be loaded into the mirocontroller.

Thanks 4 ur replies... I am trying to make a autoranging C-meter... and yes i do have the asm file which i am attaching along wid dis message.... So with this i can directly compile in MPLAB right... i have MPLAB IDE v8.00

Yes you can.
Remember to include the p16f873a.inc file to the project. Also the file that defines the function and the variable (DIVIDENDHI,....) used.
Regards,
Master_PicEngineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back