Not open for further replies.

siddarth.ghaste

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
For indicating lamp, I am giving min 12VDC and max 220VDC,For all these voltages brightness should be same can somebody HELP me....

A LED with a high voltage capable current source can work. A moderate current of 5 mA is already generating 1.1W power dissipation however.

i meant - what sort of source are you using which has a range of 12v to 220v ?

Ultimately you may want to add 230 VAC to the specification.

I remember, that I previously designed industrial controllers with an e.g. 15 VDC to 230 VAC voltage range for binary signals. In some cases there might a similar specification for indicator lamps. The most serious argument against it is that you sometimes observe residual voltage levels of several ten volts in open 230 VAC circuits. Thus a wide range control input might be trigerred and an indicator lamp flicker in this situation.

I already mentioned a current source as straight forward solution, it would need a high voltage transistor as active element.

I also have an old Steinel VoltCheck 1A, a simple 4.5 to 380V AC/DC voltage indicator, using mainly a NTC to achieve an (almost) constant current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…