Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting th dots regarding formulas plane wave incidenton two dipole antenna

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have two dipole antenas with distance D from one another and incident Einc hits them
I'll take the simplest case where ZL=0 and theta is zero.
I am reading chapers 24 and 25 of the book.what is the genral strategy with formulas to find this current?
What is the current on the dipoles ?

1720372230921.png

I believe as soon you draw substantial current from the antenna, it's voltage amplitude decreases. Therefore you want to put the lightest possible load on the antenna.

The exception is when you're close enough to the transmitter that you can pull energy from the radio waves themselves (as in an old-fashioned 'crystal' radio receiver).

I think there is more happening in the leads, as reflections and standing waves and the like, at resonant frequency or other frequencies. It complicates everything in the picture.

[Edited to delete incorrect math]

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back