Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configs stored on chip, or remotely? LH79520 and XC3S200-4TQG144C

GregNouveau

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys!

You may have seen my recent post relating to firmware for an Arturia Origin synth?

I'm pleased to say that I have moved on from that issue by ripping the flash data files from a working unit and making a copy of each.

This has improved things, but it has also moved me a little further down the rabbit hole..!!

I still have no sound: as I now know that the correct files are on the 2 x flash IC's, I am now wondering if any config info is written to the above devices as part of the firmware update?

Please could anyone confirm if any data IS stored on these devices, or does that come from a separate source each time?

Cheers.
Greg.

You can answer the question yourself by looking at the datasheets. None of the devices has internal nonvolatile memory, they are using external flash to load program respectively configuration.

You may have seen my recent post relating to firmware for an Arturia Origin synth?
... to make it more simple for us you could add a link. Just pot the address you want to link to into the clipboard (using COPY) then press the "Insert Link" button.

Klaus

You can answer the question yourself by looking at the datasheets. None of the devices has internal nonvolatile memory, they are using external flash to load program respectively configuration.
I have looked at the datasheets and it did look to me that there was indeed no NVRam....but I just needed a 2nd opinion! :) I may have missed something......

Problem I have is that the 2 x flash's (JS28's) are version 1.4.1 firmware.
The old (possibly corrupted?) ones had 1.1.59 firmware on them. As the only way to update the firmware on this is via the Arturia program via USB, and I have not managed to get this process to complete successfully, I was thinking that if files were stored in any other locations on the board, these files would be the "old" version, when the rest are the new?

As you're confirmed that there is no NV ram on these, I am now thinking along the lines of (yet more!) hardware failures...! :-(

Here is the original post...

G.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back