Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component substitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
datasheet 1n414b diode

One of my friends has asked me to make a PCB with a total of three components. A 10K resistor, a BC557 transistor and a diode, and there's the problem. The schematic says the diode is a 1N414B, but my friend, being as paranoid as he is, does NOT want any other component besides that one. I'm wondering if that component actually exists and if it can be replaced by the ever so more popular 1N4148.

Thanking you,
Sputnik :idea:

diode 1n414b datasheet

I couldn't find the datasheet of 1N414. But, you can use 1N4148 instead off 1N414. Because both of them are small signal diode. Important properties are reverse breakdown voltage, operation frequency and power dissipation capability. You can check these properties. Try it...

bc557 substitution

Here you can compare
1N4148 v 1N414
75V 75V VR
75mA 75mA IF
4pF 4pF Cd
1V 1V VF(@10mA IF)
0.25µA 5µA IR
4ns 4ns Trr
Conclusion: 1N4148 is slightly better (IR) ... than 1N414 .. and can be used as a replacement ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back