comment about my first eagle pcb design...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailus

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..
it is my first design in PCB design.... I used eagle software... I need what are the mistakes in my design and how to use DRC check?

Attachments

• eagle pcb file.rar
    89.7 KB · Views: 101

my first eagle pcb design...

NO ONE HELPED ME???

HOW TO WIRE LIKE THIS?

The first image shows chamfering on an intersection. As far as I know, eagle doesn't make those, at least not in a straightforward way. But playing around with the mitering options might make it work. The second image shows teardrops on a via. I believe Eagle has a ulp script for creating teardrops, but from what I've heard it is difficult to get working.

There are ways to create these features manually by drawing extra traces or polygons, but that's pretty tedious and must be done for each intersection/pad.

Reactions: mailus

mailus

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for your reply...these type of shape is available in any other software?

what's your opinion about my design any thing wrong in my design?

Often you can just make portions of the track larger or smaller (i.e. a stepped teardrop!). Here is an example
going the opposite way, to make a large track connect to a small pin on an IC.

EAGLE is lacking sophisticated PCB methods (but it is miles better than most competitive CAD systems for this price-range).
You'd only really need the sophisticated features for a specialized board, i.e. very high speed (e.g. RF) board. I can't
see why you'd need a teardrop for a through-hole component, but maybe I'm missing something (designed hundreds of boards with EAGLE, and have not needed teardrop).

By the way, some people don't have (or don't want) software to open up RAR files, and some people may not have EAGLE, or the time to import files into EAGLE. An attached jpg image saves everyone time, and only increases the time slightly for one person (the person creating the jpg).

Reactions: mailus

mailus

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok i add the jpg file....

i read " teardrop" from a tutorial.

"If you wish, add “ teardrops” to all your pads and vias. A teardrop is a nice “smoothing out” of
the junction between the track and the pad, not surprisingly, shaped like a teardrop. This
gives a more robust and reliable track to pad interface, better than the almost right angle
between a standard track and pad."

I don't know.. the track to pad interface is robust even with no teardrop. Just size the pad appropriately. The pad size can be determined 'auto' if set in EAGLE, so you don't need to worry about it. Most low cost CAD packages can't do such a feature, so maybe the tutorial is for some advanced package. If you've got a large component on the board, it should be held down with some fastener anyway (e.g. for transformers, large caps).

I've never used teardrops or chamfers in any of my designs so far, and have never had problems. But my designs aren't very fine featured (down to 7mil traces and 15mil holes). I've heard that some fabhouses will insist on having teardrops, but that's probably only for very fine features. Also teardrops are usually required for flex PCB designs.

i don't know about PCB design I am at beginning stage, you are all masters for a information only i asked you.i read it in a tutorial so only i asked you....

- - - Updated - - -

what are all the mistakes in my design....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…