Status
Not open for further replies.

fouwad

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ppl, i need an AT command or combination of AT commands through which i can get CELL INFO DISPLAY (name of the location / cell) on my hyperterminal

im using SIM300Z for this purpose.
plz reply to this topic asap
thnx

What do you mean by NAME of the location/cell. Do you expect a command that will return "Berne Rd Tower, Santa Clara, CA"?

yes i want the same kind of info. here in my country it says like "GT road Islamabad"
this info is transmitted at cell broadcast channel (cbc)50
the AT command for this is at+csbs but dnt know the exact parameters or usage of this command plz help me i know this can b done plzz

fouwad said:
the AT command for this is at+csbs but dnt know the exact parameters or usage of this command
Where did you see this command? I have all of the SIMCom documents and don't see this command in any of them.

sory for tht
actually the AT command for cell broadcast message is
AT+CSCB
this can b used to get information that is being transmitted at channel 50

If you issue these 2 commands, the module will report any messages received on Cell Broadcast channel 50 via an "unsolicited response":
Code:
AT+CNMI=2,0,2,0,0
AT+CSCB=0,"50","0-15"

fouwad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thnx thnx thnx a lot
it worked wid a lil change
it was
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=2,0,2,0,0
AT+CSCB=0,"50","0-9"
thnx a lot
it did a large portion of my prj els i had to make a look up table for location names

now i have another issu:
i want to calculate the distance between the BTS and my GSM modem (SIM300)?
if any1 have an idea plz do let me know

hey fouwad,
did you go any forward with calculation of the distance betw ur cell and the BTS?

there is an equation known as freze equation
ill use it to calculate the distance bw BTS and my modem
if any1 has better sol then do let me know
thnx

This file doesn't exist....... ...hey Fouwad could u pls highlight the way u get the tower info.....

AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=2,0,2,0,0
AT+CSCB=0,"50","0-9"

these are the AT commands that give u the cell info display on ur gsm modem, this involves the name of the BTS that ur modem is connected to, given that service provider transmits that information

AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=2,0,2,0,0
AT+CSCB=0,"50","0-9"

these are the AT commands that give u the cell info display on ur gsm modem, this involves the name of the BTS that ur modem is connected to, given that service provider transmits that information

how did you get it done , when i use these commands on my sim900 I get error for the cscb command

how did you get it done , when i use these commands on my sim900 I get error for the cscb command

first you should check whether your sim900 support this cscb command or not, if it does then it must b having some other parameters, read the AT command version of your sim900 as at commands may differ in diff versions supported by different modules.

find cscb and go through the parameters, it must b due to change of parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…