Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cascading boost converters in series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee01akk

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multistage boost converter

Hi,
I'm trying to step-up a dc voltage from 12V to 340V dc using a 3-stage boost converter. Does anyone know where I can get the analysis/ equations for calculating circuit values of a MULTI-STAGE boost converter? Are the equations different from that of a single-stage boost converter?
I would appreciate any help you can offer me as I am very confused by this.
Thankyou.

cascading step-up converters

I think a better aproach would be a push pull step up converter. With push pull there are less magnetics components.

single switch multistage boost converter

Its more easy to use a flyback and it uses only one magnetic transform.

Bastos

if u want to use series structure u may have problems due to signal integrity/EMI issues!
the best solution depends on the required output power:
1. for lower than 150 Watts the best solution is flyback, it is simple, easy to drive/control ,fast and also there is no need to large output inductor.
2. for higher power forward converters are attractive. they are constructed in several topologies like single switch forward, dual switch forward, half bridge and full bridge; by the way the most efficient/compact method for your application (low volage (12V) at input) full bridge is the best and after that dual switch forward converter.

BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back