Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't find Innovus Foundation Flow Wizard

BrownieHaHa

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I’ve been studying the Innovus Foundation Flow documentation recently, and I found the chapter on using the wizard to be very helpful. However, I can’t locate it in the Innovus GUI. Could this be a licensing issue, or is there something else that might be wrong?

1726886896526.png

1726886839303.png

Last edited:
1726916404515.png

The problem seems to be solved. I switched the version of Innovus from 19.1 to 20.1. The reason I did this is, while looking at the makefile generated by Foundation Flow, I noticed it indicated version 20.16, so I decided to try an older version. then I found the Wizard in the dropdown menu (it’s the same in 19.1).

I'm not entirely sure if the issue was solely due to the Innovus version, but it worked. It would still be great if someone could help launch this Wizard in a newer version after 20.1.

One thing I should mention is that while this Wizard function may not be the most efficient way to create a setup.tcl file, it has really helped me understand certain variable settings in the Tcl file (I might not use it this way next time). Since Innovus Expert 21.38 still generates a Foundation Flow template for version 20.16, I believe the script from 20.1 should work fine. : )

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back