Not open for further replies.

versace427

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GPS help...please

I am working on building an autonomous robot with a group of people...I will be responsible for the GPS part of the project. I have the Garmin 18LVC and don't really know where to start. I'm a beginner and have no relevant experience with such projects. So far I have downloaded Teraterm and have tried to see the output sentences from the GPS unit but have yet to be successful at seeing anything....If anyone has any info as to why I may not be seeing these output senteces...I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
versace427

Re: GPS help...please

First check out your connection ..
Here are some hints:

Once sure that the connection is correct, check configuration of your GPS receiver, especially how the output is set up (type = NMEA, baud rate, ...) ..

In GPS devices the typical communication speed is 4800bps so setup your computer port for that speed .. and that's basically it ..

Reards,
IanP

Re: GPS help...please

IanP,

Thank you for the help...I swopped the wires and I am now able to see the output sentences. Would you happen to have any insight on how to connect the GPS unit to a 12F675 PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…