Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you transmit signal from the speaker to the mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Ammora

Full Member level 2
Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We know all that Mics is opposite to speakers , Speaker transform electric signal to sound waves which are vibrations in the air , and Mics do the opposite operation , right . so can that be considerd TX and RX , So is it possible to transmit signal with certain frequency from the speaker to the MIC and the o/p of MIC will be the i/p of the speaker ? Can that happen practically , I'll glad to hear from u any comments or suggestions related to that !

Thanks

Re: MICs & Speakers

hi,

I exactly dont understand ur application, bt yes some times when i want to record some online sound tracks, i connect output of the mic to Input using a cable which has the 3.5 mm connector on both side.
So this is like shorting the output of mic to input of speaker as you want (if i have understood right).

hope it helps.

Thanks evl_inside , But i mean that there's a distance bet. the speaker and the MIC , which mean that mic should receive the signal produced by the speaker from the air , No wire connection bet. the speaker and the MIC , Is that practically possible

MICs & Speakers

i think it is , the idea depends on the quality u r accepting and the senstivity of the mic

hi
yes of course that can happen but you have to tune uore mic (sound sensor) to the speaker (antena)frequency
./

regards

Thanks , but shall both the speaker and Mic be directed to each other , What about the Mics and speakers , Shall i use specific types of them or all types of Mics and speakers will gonna work !!

Added after 1 minutes:

Nimer said:
hi
yes of course that can happen but you have to tune uore mic (sound sensor) to the speaker (antena)frequency
./

regards

Thanks , but how can i tune the mic to specific frequency , or Do you mean biasing the mic , can u please explain ?

Hi
I think it is possible. But the quality is the issue. also the data rate is a factor. I think practically it is not good because of the high possibility of getting corrupted data due to noisy sounds around the system. Practically you will get corrupted data from my point of view.

Thanks
Haytham

Added after 24 minutes:

Hi
signal quality can be improved by transmitting with high power. :)

its possible but the frequencies you process, must be due to these pieces (thats under 20kHz) cause thier natural impedans and physically manners limit frequency.
there's some samples that mics are used at high frequencies but speakers cant work so high.

hi abu
1st its possible and i even used it in some appl. once
2nd there r powerfull piezo speakers for high frequencies, despite the info furnished by timpati
3rd if u r really going to build something like this, i recommend to use active filters
at least at the rx side, tuned on

zolam said:
hi abu
1st its possible and i even used it in some appl. once
2nd there r powerfull piezo speakers for high frequencies, despite the info furnished by timpati
3rd if u r really going to build something like this, i recommend to use active filters
at least at the rx side, tuned on

thanks Zolam , but what the distance bet. TX and RX (speaker and mic ) how long distance u succeed in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back