Can you change the CRP register in LPC12XX when the program is running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtigerxx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to set the CRP in not isp programming in a project. But sometime i would like to change the CRP to allowed the bootloader to change the firmware.

Is it possible.

I am using the IAR compiler and LPC1227 MCU.

Thanks in advance.

I was looking for a version of the following appnote for the LPC1200 series, however I was unable to find one.

I hesitate in suggesting a specific approach, due to the fact, once the device is placed in CRP3 mode the device is PERMANENTLY locked UNLESS a custom bootloader CORRECTLY implements the Re-Invoke ISP IAP call.

CAUTION: Although the example used in this application note was carefully tested, it is recommended that the user initially configure the device to a level lower than CRP3. Once the code is successfully tested, CRP3 can be used with confidence.

I would suggest proceeding with extreme caution as indicated by the above quote.

I have also attached a zip archive with a similar appnote and accompanying example code for the LPC17xx series.

BigDog

Attachments

• CRP_Example.zip
    325 KB · Views: 107
Thank you bigdogguru for the post.

I know the application for the LPC17xx sereis.

In this pdf there is a way from a mcu at CPR3 status to be written
View attachment pic 25.bmp

But IAR compiler does not have (or i do not know it) IAP commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…