Can I use only lower side of ir2110?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I now get the point that I am using bas driver for my H-bridge;so I want to know if two drivers only can be used for driving the H-bridge in case two MOSFETs operating at the same time are getting the same signal?
I am asking this because I have only two TLP250 so in case the above idea is realisable I can connect the two MOSFETs at the same signal then get my H-bridge be driven,or you help me to know if the HV400IP can be used for H-bridge.

Thanks,please help.!!

I think, the most important point is to understand the requirements of H-bridge drivers. Without it, it's pointless to discuss specific circuits.

All transistors need a control voltage to be applied between gate and source. That's easily implemented for the lowside switches if the control circuit ground is tied the negative bus voltage, but for the highside transistors, some kind of floating or isolated drivers is required.

- each highside driver must be supplied by a separate isolated voltage source. This can be either an isolated DC/DC converter, a separate output of a transformer supply or a bootstrap circuit.
- the control signal must be level shifted, optically or magnetically isolated

so can you guide me on how I can proceed with my specific circuit?

Thanks,please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…