Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I perform such integration with FFT in MATLAB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard22

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could any one please tell me whether I can perform this integration with FFT in MATLAB? How? Please answer as soon as possible and please tell me the details.

Suppose there exists 2 rectangular planes, say, input accessed by x1 and y1 variables and the resulting plane is output accessed by tetax and tetay variables.

this is the integral:
output(tetax,tetay)=∫∫input(x1,y1)*exp(-j*k*((tetax*x1)+(tetay*y1)))(dx1)(dy1)

where:
input(x1,y1) is input field in a nxn matrix form on the first plane(input plane)
output(tetax,tetay) is also the output field in a nxn matrix form on the final plane(output plane)
-1<= x1 <= 1 and -1<= y1 <= 1
tetax and tetay should change so they can span final rectangular plane.
For perform this integral with fft commands I want to combine k and tetax, tetay to look like a normal wavenumber (and change this wavenumber in a loop) but I don't know how to do this with fft or fft2. where should I suppose k in these commands?

I would really appreciate a prompt and detailed answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back