Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone identify the component in the picture so that I can order it?

electronV

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
identify_transistors-1.jpg

Hi,

how to find out on your own?

--> Internet search "SMD marking 2A"
is the most basic you could do. And most of the hits lead to the correct answer.

Then what else do you know?
* package: 3 pin. For me it looks like a "SOT-23" one. We can only guess, since we don´t have any information about the physical size. But you have.
* designator: "Q1" ... where the "Q" usually stands for a transistor.

--> so a refined search could be "SMD marking 2A SOT-23 transistor". I´ve checked the first 5 hits ... all lead to the same device.

For more complicated part search:
Always give additional informations:
* size of the device
* what´s the application (PCB) and in which section it is located (power input, signal input, signal ouptup, audio, fan control.... or whatever is known)
* always show much more of the PCB, so we can see where all the traces go to (what the pads are connected to)

Example: If we see an SOT-23 device with three pins, but only two of them are connected .. we immediately know it is not used as a transistor.
Thus we can focus on diodes, zeners ...

Klaus

Take a well focused pic of it and use google image search on the pic file to
see if you can get any hits.
Google's image search feature seems to be already available here in Edaboard, I'm not sure if as a forum resource or just integrated into my browser (Edge). Either way, it seems to only find general images from random SMD/PCB pictures, without any OCR process being taken into account.

Attachments

• device.png
    device.png
    436.2 KB · Views: 6
Its
Google's image search feature seems to be already available here in Edaboard, I'm not sure if as a forum resource or just integrated into my browser (Edge). Either way, it seems to only find general images from random SMD/PCB pictures, without any OCR process being taken into account.
Definitely a crap shoot, but has worked for me roughly 20% of the time. I usually
blow up pic, crop out just the part of interest, and do the search.

Just another step in the pantheon of wasted time :)

Knight

1st off - use a DVM to determine whether it has two junctions and is therefore a transistor or a dual diode - or a single diode

or possibly a mosfet - this will aid later on in looking up the 2A marking.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back