Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence CIW window stuck

im_pam

Member level 3
Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

when i am running cadence and CIW wondow pops up, aftr that i am unabble to open any fil nad infact not even able to quit the window. it is stuck completely. can anyone tell em the reason and how to solve the issue

Virtuoso is a complex tool and a lot of different things are happening when it starts up. One cannot say why it gets stuck.

Virtuoso creates a log called CDS.log in your 'home' directory. Even though Virtuoso is stuck, you can open that file using any odd text editor. See the last thing it was trying to do. That will give you some clue why it is stuck.

Without sharing the CDS.log no one, not even the AEs at Cadence will be able to help you.

P.S. Please put in some effort while posting your query. 'nad', 'fil', 'em' are one too many typos.

2024/08/24 21:36:46 WARNING This OS does not appear to be a Cadence supported Linux configuration.
\o 2024/08/24 21:36:46 For more info, please run CheckSysConf in <cdsRoot/tools.lnx86/bin/checkSysConf <productId>
\o 2024/08/24 21:36:46 WARNING This OS does not appear to be a Cadence supported Linux configuration.
\o 2024/08/24 21:36:46 For more info, please run CheckSysConf in <cdsRoot/tools.lnx86/bin/checkSysConf <productId>
\a _treeSetOpcGUI(t)
\r t
\# Memory report: using 272 MB, process size 1,264 MB at UTC 2024.08.24 16:11:17.508
\o INFO (DB-170018): (dbPanic) dumping stack
\w *WARNING* Process was terminated by USER with SIGTERM signal

I looked at your CDS.log. The last line gives you the reason. Either you or some server policy has decided to go ahead and kill your Virtuoso process. This happens typically because your are trying to run Virtuoso on a server on which you are not meant to. For example, many places do not allow Virtuoso to be run from the 'local' machine (i.e the machine which has your Linux Desktop).

P.S. Don't reply in all caps. We are trying to help you in the forum. You have everything to gain. People who answer it don't. Please be polite.

thank you for the response

well, it is not happened first time to me. To solve this problem i restart my system again and cadence works fine then. but this is not good way to get out of this problem i think.

Look for windows that "popped under" instead of
"popped up". X settings and window managers vary
locally and Linux doesn't behave as well with some.
Virtuoso is too dumb to handle more than one active
window, and your "popped" one is that.

Check the bottom bar (or wherever windows' icons
stack up) for some "unsatisfied" fill-form or browse
window.

thank you for the response

well, it is not happened first time to me. To solve this problem i restart my system again and cadence works fine then. but this is not good way to get out of this problem i think.
Press alt-Tab (Cmd-Tab on Macintosh) to rotate among open windows or applications or alerts.

Many modern OS: press Ctl-alt-delete to bring up Task manager. See list of running programs and processes. Allows you to force quit any that are frozen.
(Several years ago Ctl-alt-delete restarted a Windows machine.)

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back