Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Builiding simple radio controlled switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvej

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
I have completed my first year in electronics engineering and have idea of basic electronics and circuit analyzing.I want to build a simple radio controlled switch .Can you guide me as to how to go about making it..Where should I start from...Any good references/books...
I searched net but couldn't find till now circuit schematics for building one...
most sites show how can we use readymade rf modules ,or using modules from rc cars or cordless remote bells and modifying it according to use...But I want to build a rf switch from scratch...as in want to understand the basic principles and design one myself...please help...

That's a lot of work to do for you. Because your RF controlled switch need RF transmitter, receiver, modulation, de-mod, etc.
Maybe you can start from FSK, use GND for 0, and +3V for 1, to modulate a FSK transmitter IC, select free freq band.

For low data throughput you can build simple Tx and Rx modules - nothing fancy but should work ..
Here is a link:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/57451/
Then you add a little bit of logic and both ends and you'll have an RF-switch ..

IanP
:wink:

Attachments

• 433mhz_data_tx-rx_2162.jpg
    433mhz_data_tx-rx_2162.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 135

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
where should I start with basic theory and applications of radio frequency receivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back