Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Building Human Guider Robot (Help and suggestion needed from you people)

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhan89

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people

I m new member to this community. I have one project to which i have given the name HUMAN GUIDER ROBOT (HGR), in this project i want to make a robot that has fixed defined path and guide the peoples and tells about the location Information.

for example.

Location A,B,C, X

A=Library

B=Cafe

C=Classrooms

X=Initial point

The robot is standing at the X point in any building and it has the saved info. about the locations A,B,C if some one came near to the robot and Said hello can you guide me this place then Robot says ok Come with me and it starts moving towards location A then at Point A it stops and give the brief description about it then it confirms from the person shall we move to the next location if person says Yes then it moves towrds the Location B and in the same manner to location C. that's It!

So i want some tips and guidance on this project, Which microcontroller will be used and other components and moving mechanism?

also What would be approximated cost for it?

can anyone help me in making this project , then just PM me i will give you the details

P.S: i can pay to the person who can make it. Thank

Moving mechanism depends on the environment.

Such robots, or at least ones very similar to what you propose, already exist. Have you considered just buying one and programming it?

In the mid-1990's, a robot was installed where I worked to deliver packages and records from one area of the building to another. It had to navigate elevators, inclines, doors, and people. It had to be fairly slow so that it would not hurt people it bumped into. Many people seemed to take great delight in "taunting" it, trying to get it off course, and so forth. One thing you would see people do is rush past it, step in front, and then stop abruptly. So far as I know, it never did work to justify its cost.

In other words, while the robot technically might be made to work, the human element in a public environment may defeat it. And, if the environment is not public, why would you need something to give directions?

John

Such robots, or at least ones very similar to what you propose, already exist. Have you considered just buying one and programming it?

In the mid-1990's, a robot was installed where I worked to deliver packages and records from one area of the building to another. It had to navigate elevators, inclines, doors, and people. It had to be fairly slow so that it would not hurt people it bumped into. Many people seemed to take great delight in "taunting" it, trying to get it off course, and so forth. One thing you would see people do is rush past it, step in front, and then stop abruptly. So far as I know, it never did work to justify its cost.

In other words, while the robot technically might be made to work, the human element in a public environment may defeat it. And, if the environment is not public, why would you need something to give directions?

John

Hi John!
I just want to buy it's circuits and i want to do programming by my self, secondly i have to show it's working for just 3-5 times to people and then i will handover it to them, the place where i will demonstrate it is not full of people and also they all are adult so they won't try to forcely stop the robot or do any other mischievousness work with that :p

I have six months to complete this project

The place I referenced was all adults.

May I suggest an alternative approach, namely something like a GPS map director. It would be handheld. The user would select from a menu where he wanted to go, and the box would give turn-by-turn directions to get there. At the destination, the box would be turned in and returned to the entry point.

I am very skeptical of any sort of humanoid robot that would guide the visitors, but then perhaps, you or whoever gave you this project may have already done feasibility and market studies.

John

@ John: I don't want the user to give the Input, I simply wants the robot to work on it self , Just a Line Guided Robot

MODS Kindly trash or del this post, I have completed the project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.