Status
Not open for further replies.

AKoNGz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post, i was hoping if you guys could help/contribute ideas on how to design and build a device that is able to display both reminders and time. I was suppose to design one using microcontrollers. I was thinking of using PIC, but not sure on using which PIC. I hope that you people could help me. Thanks in advance!

akong,guna pic senang lagi,ko try la tgk2 pic punya connection kat internet www.rentron.com tajuk yg ko dpt tu aku x pasti la sesuai atau x guna pic

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Building a device that is able to display REMINDER &

I couldn't understand u
Would you explian your requirments ??

Thanks

I was given only a general topic. Ok here is the direct question that i was given:

"Using microcontrollers, design a device to display both messages and time. The message will be keyed in by using keypad (similar to the 3x4 keypad used in handphones) and will be displayed as a reminder."

Thanx

Very easy to be designed using PIC microcontroller
you will need to have
1- PIC MC
2- Character LCD
3- Key bad matrix say 3*3

Thanks

AKoNGz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanx haytham. I found some info in: http://home.iae.nl/users/pouweha/lcd/lcd2.shtml

I'm interested in using this HD44780 in order to build my prototype. But my lecturer told me that if i could at some calender function to my reminder, it should be better. He told me that i should use RTC (real time clock) as part as the components. I don't have any idea on what is an RTC. He even told me that if i would to use RTC, not all PIC could support it.

I was wondering what model of the PIC i should use in the project? How do i store information into the reminder. How do i make a dual function device; in which i should be able to choose either function in a push of a button/key :1. reminder 2. time

Actually i don't even know how to use a PIC, i'm ok with Motorola 68HC11 and that's it.

Ok guys, thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…